Saturday, February 9, 2013

Hello World

Hey everyone this is my first blog post so Welcome! I always wanted a blog where I could share knowledge and projects and finally have time for one. I started this San Diego based website/ home business from a hobby and an inspirational movie "1999 Disney Movie Original Smart House". 


Haha "Inspirational" maybe I picked the wrong word. But it really made me think. How far away was it until we saw something like it? Well its been about 14 years and the time has come for the average home owner to incorporate "Smart" into their house. 

What does "Smart" mean? Well it is a very broad answer.  A smart home would be a domain where home technology and occupants lived together in harmony (user friendly, efficient, cost effective).

What can you expect from this blog/ smarthomesd.com? Well to start I will be posting up to date info on how to increase the intelligence of your home. Home networking, home automation, home theater, cable cutting is just a few. I will also be explaining what works and doesn't with tutorials and YouTube videos.  

A few high lights in the near future include: Controlling your home from abroad, Storing your movie collection in a "Netflix" type of interface and being able to watch them from anywhere, Watching  commercial free tv, how to cut your cable bill and still enjoy all the tv and movies you can handle, and so much more. 

I hope you will enjoy whats coming in the near future. I am in the building block stages, so website and blog are pretty bland;  if you have any recommendations or questions please shoot them over to info@smarthomesd.com

No comments:

Post a Comment